Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Heartland Hearts Fidelis!

With each new semester we are blessed with eager interns from Coastal Carolina University.  Over the next few weeks they will be sharing Fidelis through their eyes

This week we had the largest group that we’ve ever had come out!  19 kids came out to Fidelis from Heartland.  I had the littlest group who got to ride our Halflinger pony Ginger.  First I taught the kids how to groom Ginger.  Many of them had never touched a horse before so at first they were a little shy, but once they knew she was harmless they warmed up to her.  Then I taught them how to tack up her up.  

The kids loved that Ginger was a small pony who was their size and that she had lots of mane and tail.  Then it was time to ride.  My group was fearless when it came to riding and quickly picked up all the skills that it took to correctly ride a horse.  


The magic that Fidelis has really showed in my group because when I first meet my group they were extremely shy, but by the end of the day they all became very outgoing and thoroughly enjoyed their day riding at Fidelis.   – Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment